The longer the battery on your preowned iPhone or refurbished Samsung Galaxy lasts, the better! I use an iPhone 12 Mini and the battery life isn’t amazing – it doesn’t get me through the day. But I love the phone and so I’ve gotten pretty good an getting the most out of the battery.
Here are 6 tips to get your battery to last longer:
- Adjust your screen’s brightness: The brighter your screen, the more power it uses. Lower the brightness on your second-hand phone can help to conserve battery life.
- Limit background activity: Many apps run in the background and use up battery power even when you’re not using them. Close out apps that you are not using to conserve battery.
- Keep your phone updated: Software updates often include battery-saving improvements. Make sure you’re running the latest version of your phone’s operating system to take advantage of these improvements.
- Keep your phone cool: This one is super important! High temperatures cause your phone’s battery to deteriorate faster. Avoid leaving your phone in a hot car or in direct sunlight for long periods of time!
And the final 2 tips are helpful if your battery is super low and you need to get a little more time out of it before you are able to charge it:
- Turn off unnecessary features: Features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS use a lot of power (ever seen how quickly your battery drains when you are using Google Maps or Waze?!) If you don’t have to use them, turn these features off or put your phone into Airplane Mode to save battery.
- Use power saving mode: Power saving mode helps to conserve battery life by limiting background activity, reducing screen brightness, and turning off unnecessary features. It would be annoying to have your device on power saving mode all the time, but this is a great feature if you need to eek out a little more time from your battery.
Here’s to extending your battery life!